The PAL™ is a zero-lift, push-button operated powered stretcher loader system used for rapid loading and unloading of road ambulance stretchers into Helicopter Emergency Medical Services aircraft.
/// A WORLD-FIRST PATENTED INNOVATION
Interfacing with the market leading Stryker Power Pro XT™ stretcher system, the PAL™ provides a seamless transfer from hospitals or road ambulance vehicles into HEMS aircraft. In an international HEMS first, the patient can be loaded from an ambulance or hospital helipad into an awaiting HEMS aircraft in just 60 seconds by a single operator, without the need for manual handling.
Able to transport patients weighing up to 318 kg (700lbs) at the push of a button, the PAL™ offers a no compromise solution, improving paramedic safety while delivering the best in patient care.
- Typical loading and unloading times of less than 30 seconds are achievable by only one paramedic at the push of a button
- Capable of supporting stretcher and up to a 318kg (700lbs) patient
- Elimination of patient stretcher transfer, improving ‘golden hour’ response times
- Significant increase in patient care through elimination of transfer from ambulance stretcher to HEMS specific stretcher
- Release of ambulance or HEMS asset by exchanging stretchers on scene
- Dramatic decrease in the risk of paramedic injury through eliminating manual lifting, leading to improved quality of life and reduced compensation claims
- Reduced training doctrine due to industry equipment commonality
- Can be easily installed on a variety of existing common floor types
Installation of the PAL™ is simple and intuitive. It has been designed for integration onto a variety of OEM and aftermarket helicopter cabin floors, without any major structural modifications and without the need for special tooling. The PAL™ can either be installed as a standalone unit or in conjunction with other certified Helimods EMS accessories.
The PAL™ system is designed for the AW139 and the H145. Installations for future types are currently in development.
As well as unlocking true road-air interoperability, the PAL™ brings significant versatility to operators and end users. The PAL™ is compatible with the HeliMods Stretcher Bridge, enabling setup and carriage of medical equipment and devices with the patient, certified for all phases of flight, increasing safety and providing patients with the highest levels of care.
The HeliMods PAL™, with its impressive 318kg (700lb) lifting capability, is also the ideal solution for bariatric and neonatal incubator/isolette operations, significantly reducing the risk of paramedic injury and enabling a wider cross-section of paramedic personnel to be able to perform the task without compromise to themselves or their patients.